Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Two more off the list....

Here is my oldest UFO, now done! I turned my sample piece of felted fabric into the Kable needle case from Berrocco. While mine used all different wools to see how they would felt, not the alpaca that was called for, I think it turned out quite well. I used some left over philosopher's wool for the inside cables. I am quite pleased and it holds needles nicely! I am waiting to find some more scrap purple yarn in my stash to make straps with, but until then, I sewed some purple ribbon on the outside in two places and it works quite well!
The sweater is my Peace Fleece Cardigan. Done!! It was an easy quick sweater - they were right the size is pretty big and slouchy for a small. I wouldn't wear it to work, but it is great for cruisin' around the house. Super comfy and super warm! Plus, I love that I got to use some of my vintage buttons on it! The details on this sweater are - it was a purchased pattern called the Everyday Cardigan, I bought it from Kpixie it was meant to use Peace Fleece. The sweater was knit out of 4 1/4 balls of worsted Peace Fleece on size 6 and 8 needles. It is all knit flat then seamed. If I were to do it again, I would slim out the arms a bit and knit them in the round, but everything else was perfect on the pattern.

No comments: